Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pain

Pain

The daughter felt pain when her horse had a boil. The daughter felt physical pain when her foot died. I felt pain when my house burned down and i lost all my baby pictures and family heirlooms. I felt pain when my uncle died unexpectedly from a untreatable cancer. I felt pain each time my grandma had a stroke (4 over all) and even more pain when she died. I felt pain when my mom needed surgery. I felt pain when my cat got covered in car battery acid. I feel pain as that little girl in the story has and just as everyone has in this painful world to live in. Whether its emotional or physical, pain still hurts.

-another terrible free write i had in class after reading the daughter poem. i must say i feel a little surprised i was soo melancholy (im not sure if it is spelled correctly).

1 comment:

Ms. Davis said...

Charles
This is a fantastic list of specific events.
Hold onto this and come back to it later in the semester.
How do we keep living when there is so much hurt and pain in the world?
What have you learned that helps you to survive?